On Friday, February 17th, 2023, four interns of ACROSS laboratory have presented their work (using GAMA) within the fourth monthly seminar.
1. Modeling and simulation of fire evacuation in public buildings – IBANZI KILONGO Christian
The main goal is to provide an intelligent agent-based model to simulate the fire evacuation in public buildings.
Specifics goals (1): To provide a simulation model based on a time-line that simulates the different processes that happen before, during
and after the evacuation and that allows pedestrians to use either the stairs or the elevator during the crisis situation.
Specifics goals (2): The implementation of a script written in python language to automatically generate a ShapeFile (.shp) from an image in order to be able to import it directly into the GAMA simulation platform.
Tools used: Gama; Pycharm (Python); Qgis.
2. The Impact of prevention programs on key populations for the reduction or elimination of new HIV infections in Cameroon – Ing. Pascal J. ABA M
The main goal is to propose to the health authorities the combinations that are likely to have the best results.
Find Cameroon key populations
Inventory the prevention programs in Cameroon
Maped of key populations
Studying HIV/AIDS prevention
Illustrate two examples of HIV/AIDS prevention
Find the articles on HIV/aids modeling
Study different models of HIV/AIDS prevention
Propose a model of a multi-agent HIV/AIDS prevention system
3. Building an agent based fishery model – Do Manh Dung
The main goal is that the model will be used as a decision tool to determine fish policies, in particular about marine protected area.
|Local capacity||Local catching radius|
|Local density||Catching rate|
|Local density radius||Yield|
|Behavior||Move randomly||Move randomly|
|Birth/death rate with probability proportional to the rate and local density||Catch fish in a local radius proportional to the rate and the number of fish in that radius|
4. Researching new ways of interacting with the GAMA software in Virtual Reality – Nguyen Anh Quan
– Formalize and implement a way of communicating between the gama platform and unreal engine 5
– to showcase the first task:
+ create a demo gama model that will only take care of computing the model evolution
+ create an unreal engine demo game that will only take care of displaying the gama model in real time
– prepare some documentation to make it easier for people to understand his work.
- Deliverable 1: Is the C++ classes and their documentation that can be used to establish communication with gama from unreal engine 5. The classes should make it possible for any unreal engine gama to easily call all the commands of gama-server, as described in the gama online documentation.
- Deliverable 2: a complete working demo showcasing the communication between the two softwares. It includes a gama model written in gaml, an unreal engine game that will display the gama model in real time, and a small report explaining how to use it. Everything will be hosted on github for better maintainability and the code should be as clear as possible and well documented.
For more information about the seminar, please contact: Baptiste Lesquoy, email@example.com
If you are interested in an internship at ACROSS, please feel free to send us your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current internship opportunities available here.